Coaches for fatties
These are coaches who appear to be particularly concerned with scaling exercises to your level, who have worked with kids and the elderly, or who have experience or a specific interest in working with obese clients (caveat: I have not personally discussed this with some of these folks):
- Albany CrossFit in Albany, New York, USA (Jason Ackerman in particular)
- Atlas CrossFit in Chicago, Illinois, USA (Jennifer Reed in particular)
- Cream City CrossFit in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA (Howy Henson in particular)
- CrossFit Brand X in Ramona, California, USA
- CrossFit Brantford in Brantford, Ontario, Canada
- CrossFit Bristol in Bristol, England
- CrossFit BWI in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- CrossFit Delaware Valley in Broomall, Pennsylvania, USA (Larry Palazzolo and Colleen O’Connor in particular)
- CrossFit Hickory in Hickory, North Carolina, USA (Kent Stamey in particular)
- CrossFit Ignite Sydney in Waterloo, Australia.
- CrossFit Ireland in Dublin, Ireland (Colm O’Reilly in particular)
- CrossFit Lakewood in Lakewood, Colorado, USA (Tom Ashby in particular)
- CrossFit Mettle in San Antonio, Texas, USA
- CrossFit Milwaukee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA (Ryan Atkins in particular)
- CrossFit New England in Natick, Massachusetts, USA (Heather Bergeron works a lot with kids)
- CrossFit NYC in (surprise) New York, New York, USA, aka The Black Box (Allison Bojarski in particular)
- CrossFit Reston in Herndon, Virginia, USA.
- CrossFit Threshold in Miami, Florida, USA.
- CrossFit Watertown in Watertown, Connecticut, USA (Lis Darsh in particular)
- White Mountain CrossFit in Concord, New Hampshire, USA
- Dai “The Moose” Manuel in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Five Lakes Fitness, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (Jason Ashman in particular)
- Mike Miner in Maine; contact him through his blog, CrossFit Maineiac
If you know of someone you’d recommend, please add them to the comments below.